Thursday, January 20, 2011

Two more days...

I'm not packing yet but I'm thinking about it.  The important things are arranged, tomorrow I'll toss everything that fits into my suitcase and be done with it.

On Saturday morning bright and early I board my plane to North Carolina for the United States Figure Skating Championships in Greensboro.

 Of course it will take me 11 hours to actually get there by the time I leave my house to arrival, oh goodie!  The great thing is that I'm meeting a very good friend.  We first met at Nationals in St. Louis and for the first time we're going to spend the whole week sitting next to each other doing our best bitchy fashion police routine.  I can hardly wait.

One of the things I miss terribly about living out here is good girlfriend company.  I much prefer the company of men, you know, cars, guns, outdoors, scratchy faces (!)   I've never had a lot of girlfriends but those that I do are the old and best friend variety, the ones you may not see for three years but you pick up right where you left off, laughing.  And this will be one of those meetings, sharp and intuitive dialog, wicked barbs, endless chuckling and guess what, she likes Jack Daniels too!

I'm always sad to leave my home when I travel but once I'm in my car I'm happy for my adventure to start.  (Which reminds me, gotta take my Swiss Army knife out of my purse, this one is special.)

Happy Day to You!

No comments:

Post a Comment