Sunday, January 30, 2011

Final Day

One more day here in North Carolina.  One more Champion to make today.  Yesterday was a fine day for skating.  This is becoming the feel good Nationals.

In Pairs we have a new Champion Team - Caitlin Yankowskas and John Coughlin.  Their heartbreakingly beautiful skate to Ave Maria was dedicated to his mother who recently passed.  The emotion of that skate was so overwhelming I could not help but cry.

In Dance we have Meryl Davis and Charlie White, returning Champs who have captured our hearts with their intricate and beautiful dancing.

In Ladies we had a fine battle between three Champions, 2008 Mirai Nagasu, 2009 Alissa Czisny and 2010 Rachael Flatt.  Alissa knocked us out with her grace and beauty and seems to have conquered her demons.  She is a Champion well worth having.

Today is the Men's event.  Ryan Bradley in first after the short is my choice for Champion.  We shall see.

And tomorrow I head out to the airport and home.  This has been an incredible week.  I've loved seeing so much great skating.  I've had the opportunity to spend good quality time with a friend.  I've heard the music of southern voices and eaten some pretty decent food.

On the other hand I've done a hard separation from a sweet soul of a man.  I needed to move on. And again, when one door closes several more open up.  I continue to be amazed and pleased by the effects these fine people leave on my life. It truly is a learning process, usually something that I needed to learn to grow and mature as a human. Each person leaves a mark on my heart, some small and some large.  Love fills us, expands our hearts in painful ways but makes room there for more to enter.

“Love is not written on paper, for paper can be erased. Nor is it etched on stone, for stone can be broken. But it is inscribed on a heart and there it shall remain forever.”


Who knows what the future holds?  Makes me smile just thinking about it.  I love rising each day to greet the day, smelling the first coffee, feeling the cold deck on my bare feet, hearing the hawks call as they ride the wind, feeling the beat of my heart as I walk those trails, loving fiercely, laughing hard, being thankful for it all.

Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment