Sunday, January 09, 2011

Deeply content

My heart is so deeply happy.  My finger are having a difficult time but that's the JD, it's funny.  I may be half gone with  drink and general exhaustion but my mind is sharp.  I've got Patty Griffin singing, a nice piece of carrot cake and one last glass with a couple of ice cubes left. The kitchen is clean, the house is set to right so tomorrow morning I get to wake up to the usual neat and tidy.

All my dreams for today came true.  I surrounded myself with people I love and who love me.  We ate, we drank, we talked and laughed and managed to find similarities in our differences.   What an great group of people, the conversations were all quite interesting - the man who makes cars go fast interacted with the man who spends his life convincing people to slow down, the artists looked for common ground and inspirational collaboration and everyone, young and old shared stories and chairs with humor and sweetness.

It's sad to send my friends and loved ones out into the cold night.  I wish I could keep them all with me but I know they have responsibilities of their own.

Thanks to you all, it couldn't have been a better day.

Good night, sleep well.

No comments:

Post a Comment