Monday, January 10, 2011

Hibernate?

My name is Suzanne and I'm an adrenaline junkie.

I think it's this time of the year.  There isn't always much sun and when it is sunny it's pretty cool, not much fun to sit out on the deck and soak it up.

All the fun things are over, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, my birthday, all done, drat.  I like having things to look forward to and when that fails I think this is a good time of year for long hours of lazy, how should I say this, interaction.  Cold days go with hot fires and the sweet rest and renewal of winter that leads to the fresh burst of spring energy and vitality.

I am heading out to the East coast in 12 days, leaving the boys with their beloved and very capable house sitter.  Until then I'm going to finish cleaning up my studio and start playing around with some new ideas.  I'll listen to lots of music and look for stars on cold nights and early mornings.  I'll dream a little.

And if all else fails I'll curl up on the couch with my big wool blanket, listen to some beautiful music, sip some tea, invite a dog onto my lap, open a good book and dream away by the fire.  (Sweet love....)

Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment