Saturday, January 15, 2011

Mid January Gift

Well, I have to admit that here in Northern California days like this are not the norm.  Most usually we'd have rain and cooler temps.  But today was a perfect gift of a day, temps in the 60's, sunny, no breeze, it hardly gets any better this time of year.

So I gave myself the day.  My goal was to spend almost all day outside.  Started with a walk way down on the Independence Trail, to Rush Creek and beyond, maybe 3 or 4 miles.
We are greening up nicely now that the rainy season has started.
The flume at Rush Creek, normally you can walk down the ramps but they have it blocked off because they get tired of fishing fools out of the river, or what's left of them.
Standing on a cliff taking this shot, those who know me well can imagine my body language.
Coming back up, this time I leashed Bode up, he was thinking of leaping up to the top of the wooden sides on the flume walk, THAT would have been a disaster.

On the way home I glanced at Bode, his face was sporting at least four ticks, on the way home I picked them off him at stop lights and tossed them out the window, eeeeewwwww.

At home I gave the car a good bath, first time in a couple of months, pretty Ace.
And now it's sunset on the deck.
Long walk - Check
Wash car - Check
Large glass of, um, not wine on the deck - Check
All day outside - Check

May your day be filled with love and laughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment