Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Home!

Well, it took me 17 hours from the time I left my hotel in North Carolina to my arrival to my Treehouse but I did stand on my deck this morning, cold feet and hot coffee and two sweet, sweet furry boys cavorting around my feet.

The whole trip was this incredibly urgent and pressured adventure, trying to find a way out of there before a huge storm hit today.  A delayed plane made the Washington DC route impossible but I managed to find a fare to Detroit.  I barely made the connection there but once that was done it was all good.  I've never landed on a snowy runway before, seeing 20 snowplows lined up with lights flashing at the Minneapolis airport is quite impressive.  The rest of the flight to Sacramento was fine. I will admit that baggage claim was not as welcoming as a previous trip and the drive home used the last of my mental reserves.

This morning we are headed to the River.  I need some water to wash the travel fog from my brain and body.

Peace to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment