Thursday, February 10, 2011

Friends

"Thus nature has no love for solitude, and always leans, as it were, on some support; and the sweetest support is found in the most intimate friendship."
- Cicero


Once again I find myself trying to do things the hard way.  I'm damn stubborn.  I'm so lucky that my impulsive attitude hasn't damaged a good thing.  Though I do believe that a friendship that can withstand ups and downs and still endure only becomes richer, stronger and more soul satisfying.


Speaking of friendships - Wednesday night is music night at the Holbrooke.  It was most excellent fun.  I'm just not accustomed to going to bars but I'm learning to pace myself.  The challenge is to have enough fun without risking a serious conversation with the local policia.  So, couple of beers, lots of water and some dancing seems to be a good mix.


Simple things, music, friendship, dancing, a sleepy dog, a heartfelt conversation, a beloved voice, all these make life sweet. 


Peaceful dreams...



No comments:

Post a Comment