Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Perfect Day!

We headed down to one of our favorite spots, the Yuba River at Bridgeport for some mental and physical R&R.  It was well worth it, lots of sun, soul satisfying water noise and my two funny companions.  Now you can see why I found it so urgent to get back home and away from mass quantities of snow dumping on my friends East of here.
I love this shot of Bode, well, both of them actually, he's such a merry sort.
And a little video I made so you can hear the roar of the river and hopefully feel the sun on your face.
On the way back I saw these beautiful little masses of tiny plants growing on a rock face. (Make sure to click the photos to see them bigger.)
Outdoor therapy at it's best.  I don't know how I ever lived for 23 years in dreary Minnesota, bitter cold and frozen for months on end.  Oh yeah, the friends and family made up for it with their warmth and bright, sunny smiles.  Which is the thing friends do best, make our days brighter and warmer and worth living.  I'm badly missing many people I love with my whole heart.  Flying into Minneapolis always tugs at my heart.

The rest of the day was filled with mundane tasks.  I am trying madly to get things in order so I can disappear into my studio for a few days.  My muse hates messes and won't put up with my mind half attentive so first pay the bills, clean the house, unpack the bags, attend to the dogs, buy groceries and for pity's sake make some decent food (brown rice and veges tonight).

Well, time for food, more laundry, rest and a day to look forward to tomorrow.

Peace - fragile, hard won, easily lost, forever a hope in our heart of hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment