Sunday, February 27, 2011

Food and Future

I love to cook.

I love to cook for people who like to eat.  Which pretty much means I love to cook for men, bless them.

This week is was Chicken Soup, Chicken Piccata, Roasted Asparagus with Balsamic Browned Butter and Broiled Pineapple with Whiskey Caramel Sauce.

Oh man, what fun.  The soup takes a long time and is worth it, but the others were pretty fast and very yummy.  This time of year I start craving things with vitamin C, lemons, oranges, clementines and tangerines, pineapple, and more lemon just for fun.

Luckily I have darlings who are willing to let me experiment on them and so far have had no great disasters, which makes me more brave and willing to try new stuff.

It's another gorgeous sunny day.

Unfortunately a lot of my friends are still digging out from our last snow and many still don't have power, the heavy wet snow brought down more trees and power poles.  I take time to think about them and also the people of Christchurch, NZ who have been devastated by an earthquake. These disasters have turned my thoughts to my future.  I am feeling a need to become involved and may revive my medical skills so I can become involved with disaster response.  It feels right...we shall see.

Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment