Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Out of the closet

I came out of the Blogging closet this morning and I feel all naked but never fear friends, it's just a mental nakedness.

I've been madly sending pics to various people and then feeling bad when I forgot someone so this is much easier.  And my friend AW is my first follower, woot!   Little does she know my evil plan to show such gardens of delight that she will be stricken with an uncontrollable urge to hop on a plane to visit.  Just don't do it until this weekend when it's supposed to cool down.

It was 91 degrees before noon today and keeps getting hotter and hotter.  The dogs are sacked out panting.  Hell, I'm panting but I'll make it.  I have a couple deliveries this week, one tomorrow (Wed) and one installation of DTV on Friday or I would be out of here.  I looked up Fort Bragg, it's only 200 miles west of here and there are pet friendly motels and beaches and water, it's soooo tempting.  I think if the delivery shows up early tomorrow I may just head out of town.

And boy does that thought feel liberating.  I like the idea of just leaving when I want to so extremely wonderful.  When the house sells I'm going to splurge and buy myself something like this:
OP3
It's a teardrop trailer.  You can find them here http://vacations-in-a-can.com/
They custom make them and they are so light you can move it around by hand and even pull it behind a regular car.  So I'll be off to wherever without worrying about finding pet friendly lodging.  Isn't it cool?  There is a bigger one but for some reason the smaller one has a longer sleeping space, perfect for a six footer with two dogs.

Breakfast at the South Pine Cafe this morning with my Dad, sMom and Sister was very nice. It's such a thrill to go have breakfast with my family.  I had the potato pancakes with pesto and a couple of eggs, a blueberry muffin and black, black coffee. My Sister had the Lobster Eggs Benedict with jalapeno hollandaise and avocado and my Dad had his usual South Pine Scramble, a great mess of spinach, red onions, corn salsa, mushrooms and jack cheese with red and green pesto on top.  It was great!

I'm also either working on or thinking about classes at Beads Galore.  I want to come up with designs for classes that are truly mine and showcase some of the skills I know and can teach.  The process is a bit difficult because I have to limit each project to a particular skill set but at the same time leave room for artistic expression for each student.  Next I have to take those pieces in and talk about the materials I need to be available to my students.

Later I want to talk about friends, leavings, grief and forgiveness.

No comments:

Post a Comment