Friday, August 20, 2010

Back to the Studio

I'm so happy to be getting back into my studio.  I cannot turn on creative so relationship changes and moving across country and setting up a new house and traveling for US Figure Skating have all drained my pool of pretty.

 But it's coming back, yeah!  When I start daydreaming of things I want to make then I know it's time to sit down and get busy.  I'm pretty much settled into my downstairs garden studio.  Yesterday I found a great jewelers bench for sale and now I'll be doing a bit of re-working my space, which may mean I've got a new place to put my rolling mill.

So today I actually photographed, photoshopped and uploaded some new things, how cool is that?

 The weird thing is I'm totally smitten with hearts.  I don't do cute but for some reason they are just calling out to me.  Of course, there was the heart attack last fall and the end of a 31 year relationship so a heart theme isn't too far off the track.  I just keep thinking about hearts: heart attacks and heart health, she's got heart, I left my heart in SF,  hearts desire and hearts afire, bury my heart at wounded knee, the Tom Petty song someone sang for me recently - Walls Fall Down, and my fingers are bending shapes into hearts without me even thinking about it.  I love their little lopsided charm, the way they dangle upside or downside or sideways.

I'm working on healing my broken heart and filling up my reservoir again, so that it's strong and sure and my love can bubble up and overflow and spread around.

In the meantime this is what's coming out of my studio - Earrings

And pendants
It's been fun!  You can find these on my website www.riverwomandesign.com

And now my boys are sleepy and telling me it's time for bed, good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment