Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Driving, driving, driving.....

Long slow days but the boys and I are doing great!  I have to stop for gas more frequently and we've fallen into a nice rhythm.  Usually gas stations are lousy places to walk around and check pee mail so I try to stop at a rest stop first, let them do their thing and so when I go for gas next they barely move, it's fascinating how quickly they learn the drill.

Wyoming is starkly beautiful and I got a couple of really good pictures.  We're almost into Utah at this point, climbing up into Park City.


After this it's a bit more severe, like this of the great salt lake in Utah:
This makes me thirsty just looking at it.

My cool little FJ pulled that big heavy trailer all the way to California without any problems, thank goodness.  We got going on our last leg from Winnemucca, Nevada at 6 in the morning and the one car on the road kicked up a rock that put a nice bullseye in my windshield.  So far so good though, no cracks so hopefully it will be fixable without replacing the whole thing.

I'm heading out to Michigan tomorrow morning for a figure skating assignment so more pics when I get back.

No comments:

Post a Comment