Friday, August 27, 2010

Home again, home again, jiggity jig - Friday

Our little motel and the beach in front of it.
The trip up the mountain is not quite as bad as down, thankfully. What a difference from two days ago when the temps in the valley between Grass Valley and Fort Bragg were 100-108 degrees, today they were in the 80's.  

It was a soul satisfying couple of days.  I love being near water of any sort and the ocean blisses me out.  Strangely it also terrifies me, the thought of boarding a fishing boat and heading out gives me the willies, so I'm content to wiggle my toes in the surf and watch the crashing waves.  

So back to my mountain lair, already planning my next trip.  Stopped at a roadside stand for a big mess of peaches, sweet corn and a melon, more jam tomorrow.

Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment