Saturday, August 21, 2010

On jewelry and dogs

I realize I haven't posted many pics of Dandy and Bode.  I just wish I could get pics of them while we play the water every evening about sunset.  They leap and run and growl and have a generally glorious time, you just have to be there.  But here's one of Dandy flying for a frisbee that my son Grant took over the holidays.

I worry about his back but they are both so athletic and fit right now that they like to fly.  Bode's favorite spot is on top of the picnic table outside the kitchen.

I think he likes the view and he usually gets up there by jumping from the small bench seat, he's a goof, love that boy.  His personality is getting more attentive and a couple times he's crawled into my lap when he knows I'm sad.  He'll be a good therapy dog someday too.

I'm feeling like some of my last post was a bit mushy and stupid, oh well.  It's hard to put things into words sometimes, especially matters of the heart.  I'm sort of a Scarlett O'Hara person, never think about anything today that you can put off until tomorrow, but eventually it all catches up to you and then there's hell to pay, for sure.  

Today was a marvelous day.  I went to the GV Grower's Market and bought cilantro, nectarines, strawberries, a sourdough baguette and some great French goat cheese.  I met an a gorgeous, vivacious woman selling wine for Lucchesi Vineyards.   She was out of my favorite Sauvignon Blanc but gave me a coupon for 25% off at the tasting room.  So I toddled off to downtown GV, bought a bottle of wine and several pounds of coffee, what a great shopping trip.  I even went to the library and checked out a few books, superb!  The amazing thing was I bought herbs, fruits, wine, coffee and bread from the people who actually made them!  What a satisfying expedition.

Then I spent the rest of the day making a big mess of heart pendants in various forms and just now took them out of the tumbler, all shiny and needing homes.

And I cleaned house, ew.  Not my favorite thing but important to keep ahead of the dog fur a little bit.  I have to get rugs I can vacuum.  I brought a bunch of rag rugs because I had them but they have to be shaken and beaten and handled in rough and strenuous ways to get them clean, it's hard work.  Then vacuum, dust, scrub bathrooms and mop floors, feels good mentally but the rest of me hurts, oh well.  The two things I can't believe are the dust and the spiders.  No rain here for over a month so a lot of the red dirt is everywhere and long legged daddy type spiders in every corner and windowsill.  At least they are fairly benign, nothing like the  black widow I found in the garage.  That scared me a bit and reminded me I have to be careful here, those are serious spiders, especially for the animals.  I don't think I've ever seen one but when you do you know, they are very black and shiny, fairly large with long legs and the unmistakable red hourglass on the belly.  I squished it with no regret.

Going to the big city shopping tomorrow.  I haven't been in a mall for months and the one in Roseville is very nice, Pottery Barn here I come.

Peace...

No comments:

Post a Comment