Monday, August 23, 2010

I LOVE it here!

Love, love, love this place.  Got up a little earlier this morning and headed back up to the Independence Trail, this time to head the other way and maybe find some water.

Well, it was a steep .4 mile climb down but we found Jones Bar, which has a lovely bunch of places to explore.

There is a bald eagle sitting on the big rock in the upper middle right.  I've got to figure out how to get to the far side, nice sand there.

The boys found a nice place to cool their feet:


But then we had to climb back up.  While it was pretty steep and I stopped often to catch my breath it was easier going up, less fear of falling.  Of course, four legs do better than two legs.


Then I found the Yuba river is only a quarter down the road and with a bit of rock climbing there is a lot of cool water, sandy bottom to walk on and lots of places for swimming.  Didn't take my phone but we're going back there soon.   Dandy is getting pretty good at swimming, he likes to follow me even if I'm in the water.  Bode likes it more but he's so skinny he looks like he's sinking.

Maybe tomorrow because it's suppose to be 98 and we don't have any a/c.

No comments:

Post a Comment