Thursday, December 02, 2010

Lights and bells ringing.

I put up some Christmas lights on my treehouse.  It was fun to measure and shop for just the right ones. I put them on the deck rail so I didn't have to stand on a ladder.  I had to go out in the dark and look at them and hug myself with joy!  They are so pretty.

I love Christmas.  I love lights. I love Christmas baking, cookies, spiced nuts, biscotti, peanut brittle, FUDGE! On the other hand, I hate wrapping.  I used to pay my daughter to wrap presents for me, even her own, what a good kid. I love to hear the bell ringers in front of the markets and the smell of cut balsam trees.

And Christmas music, all the oldies like Dean Martin, Frank Sinatra, Mahalia Jackson, Bing Crosby, Perry Como, Judy Garland, Louis Armstrong.

And sitting by the fire at night with slumbering dogs nearby.

Time for bed now, sleep well.

No comments:

Post a Comment