Saturday, December 25, 2010

Dazed and Confused - A Personal Grinch Story

THINGS I KNOW FOR SURE:
Friends are good for the soul.
My vegetarian lasagna kicks ass.
My trifle makes grown men and woman moan with pleasure.
Jack Daniels is the best stuff ever made.
Drinking too much JD makes my head hurt.
I'll do it again sometime soon, maybe tomorrow.
My sister is hysterical (as in very funny).
It's better to be with friends and family on your first major holiday alone.
Loving someone who doesn't return the sentiment is really hard.
Hope is good.

THINGS THAT I FIND CONFUSING:
Men
The nature of love.
Men
The ability to love.
Men
Love in general.
Men

Life is way too complicated sometimes.  It's good but it's complicated. I've been guarding my heart my whole life. "I don't need anyone."  "I can do it myself."  "No one can hurt me." I've been fooling myself for a long time.  Change is painful, but it's good.  I don't know that for sure but I do know that there isn't any other path for me.

Walking through the fire, hopefully to something better.

Peace to you

No comments:

Post a Comment