Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Lazy Day

I changed Labor Day to Lazy Day and did almost nothing, or my version of nothing.

Went out to my Dad's place and walked the property with him.  I think he just doesn't want me to forget about my little corner which is becoming more of a jungle every month.  The 10 foot tall pile of blackberry bushes must cover about an acre now, yikes!

And they frown at me when I mention using a flamethrower on it.

It does make me wonder what an upscale miner's cabin would look like, here's my architect of choice and the house that grabbed me:
http://www.davidwrightaia.com/cabins/


Can't you just picture me and the dogs kicking back on the porch.  It's built to be off the grid and has features essential to fire country.

The rest of the day was spent on a long nap, some studio torching and dinner.

I sliced some polenta, brushed some olive oil on it, sprinkled bread crumbs and parm cheese and then baked it in the oven.  Then I sauteed some onion, added sliced bitty tomatoes, my homemade pesto, a splash of white wine, a little pour of half and half, and then simmered some shrimp in it until they were barely pink.

It maybe doesn't look as good as it tasted.  I ate it on the back porch with a glass of Sauvignon Blanc, heavenly.  Not bad for a 15 minute meal.

 Mangia!

No comments:

Post a Comment