Tuesday, September 14, 2010

BINGO at the DMV!

I just noticed my Droid takes some long skinny pics, funny.

Anyway, we're all sitting at the DMV, it's going on my third hour and the nice lady next to me has left her cell in her car and is fretting because her spouse is in a wheelchair and must be worried about her and she's worried about him and the little numbers keep tumbling along on the monitor, B007, B008, C015, C016...and about then someone says, "Come on G, give me a G" and we all crack up.  And then my number comes up and I say BINGO and head up to finish, yeah!

But I must give those DMV people credit, they are very nice, very patient and work really hard.  You know they've cut back on staff and closed extra days and created an incredible backlog of work for the remaining folk.  The sweet lady who was helping me not only did all my paperwork quickly and well but was also running in and out to check vehicles and give driver's tests, that's some multitasking.

I knew it would be an ordeal, switching things over is never easy, thankfully I had all the right documents anyway, not surprising as I spend a lot of time researching the DMV site for info.

One more thing done.

It's a peaceful night here, black and clear, nightbirds calling occasionally, rustling leaves and the yip of a fox every now and then.  The dogs are snoozing, Dandy close to me, Bode out on the front deck.  He loves to be outside, either on the decks or on his picnic table, funny little dude.  I've got a great mix of music playing, Patty Griffin's newest "Downtown Church" is a fine mix of gospel and blues, she's amazing if you happen to like rich eclectic voices.  She's seems to be touring in Europe right now, hope she comes this way someday.

Peace to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment