Wednesday, September 21, 2011

September Swim

If I wasn't already crazy about this state then today tipped me over completely.  We headed out of town to a nice swimming hole on the Yuba River and spent a couple of hours splashing around in the water.  It just couldn't have been a better day, sunny and warm, and the water felt incredibly good on my skin. The river is so clear you can see every rock. A big frog leaped off the bank and practically landed on me which made me shriek and then laugh with delight when I saw what it was.

If you managed to cross a river otter with a Corgi this is what you'd get.
The funny thing is that Bode loves water but is barely able to stay afloat when he swims.  I think he's too thin and has too much fur.  Dandy tolerates water but is a pretty good swimmer.  Of course.  Both of them tried their best to hop from rock to rock to stay close to us.

I can't wait to go back.

Peace


No comments:

Post a Comment