Thursday, September 22, 2011

Evolve please!

Learn something new.
Go someplace you've never been.
Introduce yourself to a stranger.
Flex with changes, see them as fun challenges.
Try a different point of view.
Think outside your box.
Better yet, get rid of your box.

I watch with amusement as the Facebook community freaks out because the format has changed. This rocks!
One of my good friends who happens to struggle with ADD says these changes don't bother her because she didn't pay that much attention to how it looked in the first place.  I love this idea and to some extent I believe that's true of me also.  However, I view these changes as an interesting puzzle.  Since the first time I used a computer I found it a fascinating treasure trove of information and knew right from the start that the info I wanted was there, I just had to find out how to get it.

Imagine my joy at finding I no longer had to re-type engineering specs because one sentence was wrong and then I discovered how to build spreadsheets (in the days of Lotus 1-2-3) and found you could actually build in formulas that did things for you!  This incredible world opened up at that point and has never stopped delighting and amazing me.  I will freely admit that I'm not a computer programmer but I am a superb user, knowing that it's possible if I can just figure out how.

And that pretty much sums up my life, if I can dream it I know it's possible, then I just have to figure out how to get there.

So when you start complaining to me that you hate this change or life seems so fast and confusing from the one you knew last week or last year or twenty years ago and you see me looking at you with mild confusion you'll know I'm thinking, "Wait.  I don't get it.  What's fun about something we've already done?"

Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment