Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Great junk

Yeah, I know the axle is a little bent, but can it be fixed?
This has been a mining community continuously from 1849 to 1959 and during that time over 17 million ounces of gold have been dug, blasted, crushed and hydraulically washed out of the ground.  I love finding the left over bits of machinery, often they inspire my jewelry designs.

I took these photos almost two years ago, never thinking that I would own a house that has the Empire Mine in it's backyard.

The connections and heavy handmade hinges are superb.  I wish I could step back in time and watch them being forged.

We spent the whole day yesterday walking and visiting with a friend.  I'm feeling restored, ready to start up in my studio again.

Enjoy your day.

Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment