Sunday, June 29, 2014

Rocked

My Dad had a stroke.  He's been the rock my sister and I have swirled around all these years, always steady and sturdy, always there for counsel and to dispense good advice.  Of course, we don't always listen to him, what child does?


His incredible strength of will kicked in and he's actually home and motoring around pretty darn well. This is when you find out who your friends really are. I'm so grateful for the kindness and warmth I received last week.

Yesterday we went on an adventure, driving way up Highway 20 and down another six miles to the little hamlet of Washington, then three miles more out into the woods, following the South Yuba to a beautiful pool to water so clear and so cool and so clean it's just unbelieveable. We floated around, drank up the peace, watched a water snake poking along the edge and then drove back to the Five Mile House for an outside dinner.  I let the water wash the stress away and left feeling still and strong inside.

Peace to you and yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment