Sunday, September 22, 2013

Satellite - Enamel Bracelet Final


You'll have to use your imagination and place a small lobster clasp at the end of the safety chain.  Rio Grande ran out, which sort of made me tear my hair out until they got more.  Don't they know I'm getting ready for a studio tour?  And that I'm out?  And that I have a gazillion leather cords to make for the gazillion pendants that need to be made?  I know, breath in, breath out, repeat.




You can see the way the clasp works.  I'm pretty happy with it, there was a great deal of tinkering involved, raising the blue cup high enough off it's metal base so it would slide into it's dock.  I had to made a very tiny round spacer to put in between.

And now to our regularly scheduled madness...

Two years ago I attended a concert at the North Star house to see Aaron Neville, swoon.  This year they have Dr. John and Alan Toussaint, maybe not so swoon worthy but it will be fine to be outside and hear some good music in a beautiful setting.  It's gonna be a bit damp and cool as it rained all day yesterday and last night but we'll have a great time anyway, enjoy a picnic and do a lot of laughing.

Then onto preparations for the tour and other things that I will share with you as they happen, fun things, exciting things, things that make me do a happy dance.

And back to Texas later in October, suck up some baby smell and baby giggles and those hands and those eyes and those wonderful baby smiles and those fat little arms and legs.....ah, I'm missing her like crazy and her Mama of course, and her very entertaining Daddy, and her Uncle, Mr. Ultra Cool Musician Dude.

I scored a couple of bags of bitty yellow plums which are right now stewing in their juices, ready to press and sugar and cook to a tart sweet syrup.  I certainly don't need more but as a card carrying Squirrel I'll fill up the cupboard and sprinkle golden jars of sunshine on my family and friends this winter.

Smiles



4 comments:

  1. Hey Suz,
    It all sounds so awesome. And I'll have to get up there for some plum syrup on ???????.
    D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that clasp! That is the slickest piece of engineering I've seen in a while. May I see if I can translate that in some way to torch worked glass and and silver? Love the colors of the enamel, too.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susan,

    Of course you can, can't wait to see it. Thanks for the nice words about the clasp, it kept me awake for many nights.

    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Susan,

    Of course you can, can't wait to see it. Thanks for the nice words about the clasp, it kept me awake for many nights.

    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete