Thursday, October 11, 2012

Little Red Hen

I hauled the big ladder out of the garage and stuffed it in the FJ.

Went up to Nevada City to my old neighborhood and precariously perched myself on the ladder to pick about a half bucket of yellow plums.  Sigh...last year there wasn't anyone living there and I managed to pick three buckets full just from the branches that hung over the street.  This year the house occupant used them, which is good, at least they didn't go to waste.

Then I went to the farm (Starbright Acres Farm) and cruised through their vege stand where I found masses of beautiful basil, green peppers, heirloom tomatoes and some gorgeous eggplant.


This afternoon I roasted two pie pumpkins, boiled the plums to release the juice and made three big batches of pesto.  My kitchen smells heavenly.




I put a couple of big spoonfuls into a baggie and freeze them, they don't retain their color very well but are wonderful tossed into pasta or soups.

The plums are juiced and ready to boil up into jelly tomorrow.  The kitchen is clean and I'm beat.

In between I spent some time in my studio preparing a last minute custom order.

Busy days, productive days, looking forward to the weekend Open Studio Tour again and then a nice week in the high desert with my man.  I'm going to see how much work I can get done there, during the day anyway.

Peaceful dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment