Friday, October 05, 2012

Biting off a big chunk -

And trying not to choke.


The curtains from the fancy store that starts with a P cost way too much for our budget.  I said I could make them and we spent less than 40 dollars on fabric.

While in Austin my goal was to finish those curtains and after hours and hours of seaming and ruffling I actually did finish, whew!

Here they are, each panel has 15 layers of ruffles in simple white muslin, they look like a crazy dress or a wedding cake maybe.

The room is pale, pale lavender, the sleigh crib is dark wood and their new flooring is dark and rich too.  These will be the only floofy thing in the decor, my baby tends to keep things minimalist.

Love them but will NEVER, NEVER do another set, ha!  I could have made a whole quilt top in the same amount of time.

Hmmmm, maybe I should do one of those next?

For now I'm in cleaning mode for the Open Studios Tour these next two weekends and then I'm madly working to keep up with the Holiday frenzy.  All of December I will be a featured artist at Avanguardia Tasting room in downtown Grass Valley.  On December 8th there will be a Jewelers Trunk show at ASIF.  AND, it looks like I may be able to get my pretty stuff into a gallery in Truckee, which thrills me completely.

Tonight is the Habitat for Humanity Art Auction at the Miner's Foundry in Nevada City, hope to see you there.

Today my Man will be here for a long weekend of fun and frolic, YES!

Peace

3 comments:

  1. Very nice! You are having as much fun as I am! YAY!!!!
    D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just wish we could have gone to Sears Point. I miss the racing and the people.

    S.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, shoot for Nov3-4 at Thunderhill. One Stock Car and one Corvette.

      Delete