Wednesday, May 02, 2012

Sweet Home California

Left Austin at 7:00 am yesterday and landed in Phoenix at 7:30 am after a two hour flight.  Flying can be so surreal, it just doesn't seem real to jump time zones like that.

But I'm home and loving every minute of it.  We're in the middle of the glorious sunny and 70's which makes my heart sing along with the birdies.  The flowering dogwoods, rhododendrons and azaleas are in full bloom, my front yard is a paradise.

Just doing the usual home things.

I managed to lose most of the pics I took, gone in the phone ether, but found this image of the Owl building in downtown Austin.  The legend is that this bank building was designed by a Rice University alum (their mascot is the owl) which now looks grandly over the U of T Longhorns.  I don't know if it's true but the building is spectacular.

Being with my family in Texas was heavenly, watching each of them grow up in their own particular way is so much fun.  There is nothing better than long armed hugs from my tall handsome son and having my daughter lay her head on my shoulder.

Life is good, ever changing, frequently challenging, but good nonetheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment