Friday, October 15, 2010

Ouch!

Cut my thumb today, which makes the score stitches twice, glued once, and bandaged too many times to remember.  Right now the numbness is wearing off and it's hurting a good deal.  I forgot how much these things hurt, which illustrates the short term memory women have for pain.  If we didn't we wouldn't have more than one child, that's for sure.

Oh well, this is pretty typical of my week after a skating competition.  We put in 62 hours in five days and I came home with a raging cold and that combines to make me tired and sort of klutzy.  We managed to overcome some pretty complicated technical difficulties and kept things moving along so it was a general success from our end with lots of great skating to watch.  I met some very interesting people, one judge races cars at 200 miles per hour and one of the technical panel is a former US Champion.

It's great to be back in my Treehouse.  Look what I found on the front deck this week.
Simply marvelous!  There are more showing up every day, last night I rescued two from inside again and set them free into the dark night.

Tomorrow is the growers market, one of my favorite places.  The apples are starting to come in, think apple pie and apple butter and applesauce, yum!

Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment