Friday, May 20, 2011

Facing the future...

I packed and taped up box number fifty and then waited for the truck.
Eventually it came up the driveway and two cheerful men loaded my treasures and drove away.  Sometime in the next month I hope to see it arrive in Grass Valley.
And then I wandered through those hallways one more time, felt the lush green grass tickle my toes, listened to the mad chorus of birdsong and gave the kitty one last pat, a long goodbye. It is done.
Now I turn my face to the future and I know my heart is firmly in the present. 
Twenty-six hours until take off, another six to home and loving arms and the joyful barking of the boys.  It will be a blissful reunion.
There are so many things to look forward to, my heart soars.
Where do I go from here?  What's the limit of my imagination? How big is my capacity for life? How well and how deeply can I love?
No answers are needed, no limits are allowed.

Peacefully, cheerfully, lovingly I smile at you.

No comments:

Post a Comment