Saturday, August 06, 2011

Swoon...

Back in December of 2010 I posted an Aaron Neville Christmas song and said I thought he was one of the sexiest men alive.  Well, yeah, hell yeah he is.

Last night I got to sit thirty feet from the stage and watch that very man and his fine musicians.  The Nevada County Land Trust put on a gala night of fun at the North Star House in Grass Valley.  There was fine food, free drinks, a silent auction, a  NO style parade and then music under the stars.  First Dumpstaphunk which is Aaron's son's band and then the man himself accompanied by his extraordinary sax playing brother Charles.

Wow!  It just doesn't seem possible that he's 70 years old.  He's still powerful looking and the voice is skillful and true. It was great from start to finish and says a lot about this area that we have this type of entertainment available.


These last few weeks have a been a riot of street fairs, growers markets, movies, music, food and fun. I'm doing almost everything I want to do and loving every minute of it.  I'm starting to get the itch to travel someplace, maybe the beach or the big city is up ahead.  There are changes brewing, a chance, a dream, an unknown...time will only tell.  At this point my happiness is not dependent on someone else but can only be enhanced.  It's worth stepping out of my comfort zone to see what happens.

Peaceful dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment