Wednesday, June 08, 2016

Bangles

I woke up one day craving bangles.

I went down to the local hardware store and bought a piece of fence post and a round file and managed to make a very crude tool.


It worked very well. I managed to make these.



I used a wonderful how-to video from a well known jeweler and then went off in my own direction. The trapped stones are my favorite and more will be coming soon.

A very talented friend offered to make me a more elegant tool. Who's gonna turn that offer down? This is the next generation of tool, which works quite well. I'm still trying to figure out how best to  attach it to my bench, especially since bench space is at a minimum around here.



I love it, being the tool junkie I am and having something made is even better.

These are in progress, terrible picture from my bench but you get the idea. I'm going for a thicker, more frilly bangle, so far, so good.


No comments:

Post a Comment