Monday, October 19, 2015

Sgraffito

The Italian word of the day.

Whew, just finished up the grueling two week stretch of the Open Studios Tour. It was a circus (in the best way possible) at my house these weekends. The four of us had the best time, talked ourselves silly, sold a bunch of  beautiful things and laughed a lot at the same time.

I do demos most of the day and about day three I was tired of hearing myself talk about the same processes. So I tried out a new enamel technique called sgraffito, which is basically scratching a design into the enamel and firing it. Of course, there is more to it than that but you get the idea.

Here are a few. I'm desperately tired and trying to get things put away here and there.



They'll get better. The first pair sold right away. More later...

Always

No comments:

Post a Comment