Monday, June 28, 2010

House for Home

I got the house!  Yeah!  Now I'm dreaming of living in it, making it my own, nesting, finding the peace that exists right outside my reach.  I know it's there but in between is packing and moving across the country and trying to finish up the million little details that exist.  And I'll find peace in small bits before then but I dream of that day I sit outside on my own deck, it's evening and I'm rocking gently in my teak chair.  I'll have the dogs right beside me and the air will be dry and have that pine forest smell, mixed with manzanita smells and that elusive mountain smell that exists only in places where the pine needles cover the ground in a thick matt.

And I'll have a studio space, downstairs with a sliding glass door with plenty of room to spread out.  I'm going to set up my swedish wooden shelves to hold things so I can grab stuff more easily.

I'll have my family over for dinner, cook them big pots of soup in the winter and all my favorite salads in the summer.

It's gonna be great!

So here's the next thing I need.  I need someone to drive out to California with me and the boys.  I can do it, have done it before but some company would be nice and there would be somebody to keep the dogs company while I get food or go to the bathroom.

And I'd like someone to please buy this house.  It looks so good right now and needs to be loved and filled with laughter and kids and pets.  I want to take my red furniture with me and could if we're under contract.

Thanks for listening!  And I appreciate the help.

No comments:

Post a Comment